Say it is’t so! No more Star Wars Weekends?
It is true. It was just reported on the Disney Parks blog.
This is what the announcement said, “Unfortunately, we won’t be able to offer Star Wars Weekends. While Star Wars Weekends has been a great way to enjoy the saga for a few days every year, now the Force will be with Disney’s Hollywood Studios every day.”
So what does that mean for Star Wars fans?
According to the blog, beginning December 1st, Star Wars fans will have new and exciting things that they can experience year-round. Here are some of them!
- Star Wars Launch Bay will take guests into the Star Wars saga and the upcoming film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, with special exhibits and peeks behind-the-scenes, special merchandise and opportunities to encounter Chewbacca and Darth Vader.
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue will be home to a brand new adventure inspired by the upcoming film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Star Wars: Path of the Jedi. will feature scenes from the complete Star Wars saga, also giving anyone new to the Star Wars galaxy an opportunity to get acquainted with the films.
- Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple, which will open in early December. This reimagined Jedi Training experience will take younglings to the secret site of an ancient Jedi temple where they will face Darth Vader along with the Seventh Sister – a new villain from the Disney XD series “Star Wars Rebels.”
- Finally, work begins next year on the 14 acre Star Wars themed land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
So, while it is sad to see the jam-packed weekends go, there is much to look forward to! And don’t forget, December 18th is just around the corner when Star Wars: The Force Awakens comes out.