The 25th Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival will kick off spring at Walt Disney World Resort Feb. 28 and continue through May 28, 2018, with seasonal fun for all. What began in 1994 as a 38-day celebration of Disney-style gardens and topiaries has grown over the years to a 90-day spring extravaganza with something for every generation.
The 2018 festival, which takes place during the 35th anniversary of Epcot, will showcase millions of brilliant blossoms, flavor-rich cuisine from 15 Outdoor Kitchens, Disney topiary stars, interactive play gardens and live chart-topping musical acts during the Garden Rocks Concert Series.
The 90-day festival will open with an irresistible array of sights, sounds, tastes, aromas and tactile discoveries:
- New and creative dishes will debut at 15 Outdoor Kitchens encircling the World Showcase Promenade. Guests can sip and savor their way around Epcot, enjoying chef-inspired noshes and refreshing libations.
- A bonanza of Disney character topiaries, including classic-character favorites Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and many others, will play a starring festival role. Returning this year, Belle will be featured in France along with Beast, Snow White in Germany with the Seven Dwarfs, and Anna and Elsa in Norway.
- A brand-new Future World interactive play garden and a revved-up Road to Florida 500 garden featuring new games and play challenges will set the pace for family festival fun. The new interactive area in Future World will feature a play maze, a sensory garden, an activity zone and a covered seating area. The redesigned “Cars”-themed garden based on the Disney•Pixar sequel, “Cars 3,” will add more fun activities like highway bingo for families.
- A brand-new Epcot front-entrance topiary garden will set the milestone anniversary scene with a kaleidoscope of blooming color where topiary icons Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and Goofy will greet festival guests.
- The popular Garden Rocks Concert Series will feature hit makers of the 1960s, ‘70s, ‘80s and ‘90s on the America Gardens Theatre stage. Three evening concerts each Friday through Monday present musicians that span multiple genres.
- Garden Rocks Dining Packages will be available on select days at a number of Epcot restaurants.
Garden Rocks Concert Series
Move your feet to some of the hottest throwback beats at the America Gardens Theatre! Throughout the 2018 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, you’re invited to soak up the sounds of over a dozen chart-topping musical acts, including a few new artists sprouting from the Garden Rocks stage for the very first time.
Here is this year’s lineup (subject to change without notice):
- March 2-5: Night Ranger “Sister Christian”
- March 9-12: STARSHIP starring Mickey Thomas “We Built This City”
- March 16-19: Simple Plan “Welcome to My Life”
- March 23-26: Little River Band “Reminiscing”
- March 30-April 2: The Orchestra starring former members of ELO “Evil Woman”
- April 6-7: Foghat (NEW!) “Slow Ride”
- April 8-9: Survivor (NEW!) “Eye of the Tiger”
- April 13-14: Smash Mouth (NEW!) “All Star”
- April 15-16: Rick Springfield (NEW!) “Jessie’s Girl”
- April 20-21: Jo Dee Messina (NEW!) “Stand by Me”
- April 22-23: Lonestar (NEW!) “Amazed”
- April 27-30: Blood, Sweat and Tears featuring Bo Bice “Spinning Wheel”
- May 4-7: Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone “I’m Henry VIII I Am”
- May 11-12: Village People “Y.M.C.A.”
- May 13-14: Don Felder, formerly of The Eagles (NEW!) “Hotel California”
- May 18-21: The Guess Who “American Woman”
- May 25-28: The Spinners “Working My Way Back to You”
Garden Rocks performances are at America Gardens Theatre at 5:30, 6:45 and 8 PM. every Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday of the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival and are included with Epcot admission.
All songs listed are for artist recognition only and may not be included in a performance play list. All entertainment and appearances are subject to change without notice.
Garden Rocks Dining Packages
Fabulous food and great music go hand in hand! Now Festival Guests can enjoy the best of both worlds by booking a Garden Rocks Concert Series Dining Package during their visit, which includes:
- Breakfast, lunch or dinner at select Epcot restaurants
- Guaranteed seating at one of 3 concert performances later that day
Reserve early so you’re sure to savor every single minute—from first bites to final bows!
Dining Package Details
- Available at select restaurants located around World Showcase in Epcot
- Dining packages are offered on scheduled concert dates only
- Valid Epcot admission is required and not included in dining package price
- Prices vary according to restaurant—tax and gratuity not included
- Advance reservations are highly recommended as events fill up quickly
- Reservations must provide a minimum 2.5-hour window prior to showtime and require a credit card guarantee
- Call (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3378 to reserve dining packages or book online
- Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call
- Disney Dining Plan and Disney Deluxe Dining Plans require 2 table-service entitlements
- Alcohol will only be served to Guests ages 21 and older
Each Outdoor Kitchen will feature its own raised-bed or in-ground garden of herbs and produce that can inspire the growing numbers of guests who want to learn to grow what they eat.
“The culture of growing your own food continues to trend, and our guests each year have quite a few questions related to edible gardens,” says Eric Darden, festival horticulture manager. “They get a big kick comparing items in our gardens with the herbs and produce our chefs incorporate into the festival’s Outdoor Kitchen recipes.”
And there’s more:
- The back-by-demand Figment topiary garden between Future World and World Showcase will offer the perfect selfie backdrop and family photo opportunity.
- The Royal Tea Garden Tour will return for a second year each festival morning at the United Kingdom pavilion. For a small fee, guests can follow a knowledgeable guide through the tranquil tea garden setting to learn the history and artistry behind growing and blending tea. A post-tour treat of tea and scones is included. The shorter, complimentary English Tea Garden Tour also will be offered on select days.
- Among the nearly 100 festival topiaries will be returning favorites like the pandas and Bromeliad dragon at the China pavilion, The Three Caballeros at the Mexico pavilion, Disney-Pixar’s Woody at the American Adventure pavilion and Buzz Lightyear in Future World.
Dozens of Disney-crafted “flower towers” and beds of multi-colored blooms will transform the park’s landscape. At least 70,000 bedding plants will surround the Future World east and west lakes alone; on the water, 220 mini-gardens will be set afloat.