As a mom and a homeschooler, I am always on the lookout for ways to add to our current curriculum. I was asked to review K5Learning.com and received a free 6 week subscription, in exchange for a completely honest review…which I always do anyway! K5Learning.com is a newly launched program that offers enrichment exercises in reading, math and spelling. It truly is meant to be used as an afterschool enrichment exercise, but since my kiddos don’t attend a brick and mortar school, I used it as plain, old enrichment. This is a subscription based service, so there is a monthly or annual fee, but the K5Learning does offer free trials! My thoughts:
- Very easy interface. No messing with hard to find logins or pages that don’t make sense. The logins are very clear for both the child and the parent.
- Moving from one activity to another is a breeze.We’ve used other programs that create extra open tabs and windows that make it very difficult to keep track of where you are. K5Learning makes it easy for the child!
- Lessons are truly K-5.
- The objectives are stated clearly before each lesson. This is a major plus for parents.
- Awesome, detailed reports that show you exactly where your child is at after each exercise…and they are printable! Another plus for a homeschooling parent who needs those for recordkeeping.
- Ability to assign lessons.
- Printable worksheets-love this!
- Common Core aligned. As a homeschooler, I am very aware about what is and isn’t CCS and that is important to me. I did not however, see any questions that were truly what I would consider Common Core, even though it is aligned with it. If you are concerned about this, I would suggest doing a free-trial to see for yourself.
- Cost, if you have not budgeted for enrichment. For my kiddos, I would include this as part of their curriculum for the year and as such, would budget that into what we normally spend for the year. This is the cost breakdown:
Monthly: 1st Child- $25 Additional Children- $15
Yearly: 1st Child-$199 Additional Children- $129
I would love if K5Learning would add online running reading records. I think that would be a great addition to their enrichment content! To start your free 14 day trial that gives you access to everything without a credit card or any obligation, click the button below!
I received the product mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.